Friday, November 2, 2007

New things


fallswap1
Originally uploaded by nomadmama
It's a new month and there are a couple of new things I'm taking part in that I've wanted to do for a really long time: participate in a swap and be part of a book club...

Ever since I read about creative, crafty swaps on blogs, I've been eager to be part of one myself. But every time I came across one, it was either out of my league (I can't knit or sew or...) or it was too late to sign up. So a couple of weeks ago I decided to organize my own little swap (the idea was to be inspired by the colors of Fall), let a few friends know about it and was excited when they agreed to be part of it. Yesterday I sent off my package to my swap partner in Vancouver... I really hope she'll like it! More photos to come soon of the other swaps sent and received.

And the book club. Well ever since I read Reading Lolita in Tehran and then later The Jane Austen Book Club, I have wanted to be part of one myself. Reading fiction is one of my passions and I'm lucky that I often get to be paid for it professionally, but nothing beats sitting with a group of people and discussing a really good novel as it unfolds. The club is kicking off with Love in the Time of Cholera, just in time for the film adaptation that will be released this month as well. I got my copy of the book yesterday and can't wait to start reading it next week, once I've wrapped a few other things up.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics